Thursday, March 16, 2006

Are we compliant or passionate at what we do?

Does it matter if we are compliant or passionate about our work? What are you?

This is a question that is very important to me. I have always believe that unless you are passioinate about what you do then two things happen. One you don't get the total satisfaction out of what you are doing and your employeer is not getting the best he can out of you. The second part to this question is does the empoyer know this? and if they do then who is to blame for the resulting situation?

In a resent position I have held I have had to put up with being complient as I was not equiped with the require knowledge to fufill the tasks assigned to me. The totally frustrating situation about the whole insident was that the the managers were aware of this situation before I started my employment. they admitted it and asked for assistance to remedy the situation. the problem was their words did not result in action.

As I proposed options and solutions I faced constant hurdels and blockages. These at first were low but day by day became bigger, until it got to the point of me stopping. I then endded up in a situation of then becoming compliant as I was unable to doing anything. The biggest problems with many managers is they don't know what their issues or problems are. I came across a bigger problem facing management today and that is knowing what the problem is but then either not being able to or a lack of conviction to carry out the work needed to fix the problem.

What managers really have to do is to look at themselves and ask the question. Are they the real problem?

Marc Dimmick

No comments: