Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Planning Starts - :)

289 days, 0 hours, 48 minutes and 42 seconds


I have finally worked out my dates and the locations I am hoping to visit. One of the first things was to get a start on the Blog. I am hoping to log my experiences both in the planning and the actual trip. This gets more exciting each days as I look forward to reading my email to see who else I am able to line up to meet with and discuss my project.

At the top of each entry I will be entering my count down until I leave and this is based on leaving on the Friday 11th May 2012 at 3pm. That is based on my last trip overseas where we fly out of Perth at 3pm. That was a great trip, it was to celebrate our 20th Anniversary check it out. My wife Frances and I blogged the entire trip. I took photos and made basic entries and she wrote the majority on the trip.

So far for the trip I have created a google map as my details are firmed up I will attempt to maintain and update this map. The other part that I am doing is to maintain my documentation within the cloud. Google is very helpful with that as it is a part of their gmail account system. Now on with what I have done to date.

The goal is to leave on the 11th May 2012. I will be flying to the following locations over 9 weeks. The last week being some leave time and meeting up with my wife.

2012

Leave 11 May    -  Perth > Sydney > San Francisco (Via LA or Dallas?)
            16 May    -  Fly to Seattle
            20 May    -  Fly to Austin
            25 May    -  Fly to New York
               1 June  -  Train to Boston
               8 June  -  Train to New York > Fly to London
             15 June  -  Fly to Heidelberg
             22 June  -  Train/ Fly to Salzburg
             29 June  -  Train/Fly to Vienna
                6 July   -  Fly to London > Fly to Singapore
              13 July  -   Fly to Perth
              16 July -   Back At Work

So as you can see I will be packing in a lot of places. The model I am using though allows for time to rest and write up my notes and see a little of where I am visiting. I have tried where possible to fly on Friday's, have the weekend off to collect my thoughts and prepare for the week ahead. I have 10 stop offs for my trip over the next few days and weeks I will update the blog with each of the stops and who and what I hope to see and do.


Stay tuned. :) 

No comments: