Friday, July 29, 2011

Leg No. 2 - Seattle - 19th / 23rd May 2012


287 days, 1 hours, 57 minutes and 54 seconds

**UPDATE: Change of Date - 19 - 23rd  from 16-20th (Still 5 days)


My second leg of my trip is to Seattle the home of the Space Needle and Microsoft.
 
While I am in Seattle I am looking to catch up with Microsoft to see what is happening in the area of Windows 8 which fingers crossed would have been release by the time I travel. The other is to catch up with one of the Child Protection agencies in Seattle. 

Microsoft has a Research and Develop section and with some of my contacts I am hoping to see that area. I am wanting to gain an understanding of how they go about looking the user understanding and experience. At the Department Microsoft is predominantly used so having an understanding of the factors that are considered by this organisation can only give me a better understanding and appreciation of this whole environment. 

Seattle Children's Hospital, Research, Foundation - This was another location I found and have written to asking if I could meet to discuss areas of my project. I was hoping to see if and how they have implemented technology solutions and what considerations they have taken in the consideration of the End User Experience (UX)

In my search of what else is happening in Seattle I also found that they have a Science Fiction Museum and I can get to have a seat in the chair of Captain James Tiberius Kirk, my childhood hero, this sound really cool. :)
Experience Music Project / Science Fiction Museum

Seattle is overseen by Mount Rainier which is about 3 hours for the capital. 

 

The short period of time I am in Seattle I don't think I will get a chance to see this, which look quite increadable.

My next leg is to Austin to visit the Department for Child Protection and Motion Computing a manufacturer of tablet computers.


No comments: