Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Leg No: 3 - Austin Texas - 20th / 25th May 2012

282 days, 5 hours, 55 minutes


**UPDATE: Change of Dates from 20-25th May to 23-25th May

Night seen of the city
In Austin I am hoping to catch up with two organisations. They being the Department for Child Protection and Motion Computing. Austin and Texas I know very little about. As a child I remember seeing the movies about the Texas Rangers and there is the discussion about their cattle stations being big but that is all I know. I have a little research to do before gettting there.

Austin, Capital Building
Department for Child Protection - I read a case study which indicated that the deparment is using tablet computers. So I am interested in finding out how they are using them, have they addressed the usability aspects I feel that get missed. If so how have they worked with the end user to achieve their results.


Motion Computing - I have been a user of their tablets for a few years and have found them to be very good. I am taking the opportunity of visiting the company to get a perspective of how they go about the design and building of these devices. How does usability aspects effect what they produce.

Again I have arranged my accomodation using a great site called http://www.airbnb.com. This site and its services have recently had an increase in funding and as a user of this service through Europe recently I have found it to be great. You can get everything from and igloo through to a castle and it can cost as cheap as $9 a night through to $2000+ so everyones tastes are covered. We used this site for accomodation in France, Lyon and Nice as well as the UK. It is well worth a go. All of my accomodation has been arranged using this service for my entire trip.

No comments: