Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 1 - FutureGov Conference

Just before leaving I was invited to attend the Asia FutureGov Conference. At this conference I was asked to give a keynote speech and participate on a panel about Cloud Computing. 


I flew out from Perth at 4:25pm heading to Kuala Lumpur straight off the plane and to the next plane to Colombo. On the timetable it showed that I would only be 55 minuets to Colombo but quest what there is a 2:30 hrs difference as well so it was a 3:40hr flight I arrived at the Colombo Airport through customs and found the person who then drove me to the hotel, Cinnamon Grand Colombo. I arrived at the hotel at 1am to my room by 1:30am.


The day started at 6:30am after show and dress I headed for the restaurant for breakfast. I caught up with Richard and talked about my presentation and when the event starts, which was 8:50 so back to the room clean teeth and grab my tablet computer.


To be continued ....

1 comment:

Richard said...

Make sure you visit the following places before you leave the city:

- Dutch Hospital shopping/food complex - great food, suggest trying the Ministry of Crab for AMAZING crab
- Odel for clothes, Sri Lankan knick knacks
- Barefoot Gallery - food, Sri Lankan knick knacks