Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Day 53 - Visit to Cure

Day 53 - Monday / Daisy 11 Days to go
Today started off quitly other than having breakfast at the bakery and then heading off to get a hair cut. I was going to wait until I return but I could not wait any longer. Now even with the heat I feel a little cooler. :)

I headed off to visit CURE and so left with an hour to spare. I had three small train trips then walk a block to their facility. The only problem was when I got to the location I realised I had forgot to sync my Evernotes to my phone. This is an application I use to keep notes on my different devices. Then remembering I had my slate I then proceeded to start that up, then as it was booting I realised I had entered it onto the website. So the next task was to find free wifi, McDonalds. After buying a frappy icecream they informed me that it was not working. :) Then pointed me to a terminal on the wall. Finally I just found the CURE website found the map to their location and I was away. Lesson learnt, confirm details before leaving the building. :)

I arrived at CURE just past 2pm and fortunatley was let into the building and caught the life to level 1. Arriving at the reception area where I was meet by Dr. Ernst Kruijff a Research Coordinator at CURE. We headed to the kitchen so I could get a drink of water and sat down to discuss my research. Initially I discussed what and how I had been going about my research and then Dr Kruijff then outlined what and who CURE and USECON are and what services they provide.


CURE being more in the research area providing Services, Laboratories, Usability and Project work (International, National, Publications and Project Partners). 


USECON more as a consultancy service in the area of usability, user experience (UX) and user interface design. Their work centred around the users the way they interact with applications, software, websites or systems. Working closely with the end user and aligning their expectations with the outcomes of the application, software or systems. This is carried out in close association with their research are CURE.


Tomorrow I will be giving a small presentation on what and why and am doing my research and the gems and items of interest that I have found to date with my research so far. Then open for questions and further learning.

No comments: