Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 30-31 - Weekend in London

After arriving in Heathrow I then took the express train to Paddington and then the Jubilee line to Willsden Green. I was then picked up by one of the staff of London Accommodation who then took me to my residence for the next 7 days.


After unpacking and cleaning up I then headed into town to see what I could see. Saturday was stunning as you can see from the photos below but Sunday the rain followed me from Boston and it bucketed. 
St Martin in the Field Chapel - Rehearsal for Concert that night
Blackfries Bridge 
Blackfries Bridge 
This bridge was beside Blackfries Bridge
Millennium Bridge and St Paul 
Millennium Bridge and St Paul 
Tower Bridge
Sunday was very wet but had a great dinner Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding
Wholesome Pub Meal
Some of the other sites I saw were the Camden Markets, a couple of churches ending with Covent Garden again and then St Paul. After that heading home in light rain. 10 minutes after arriving home it them just came down in torrents. 
Camden market, a tattoo parlour
Singing in the Rain - I felt like that at this stage
Terry StClair - English Folk singer, brought the CD
St Brides church just before Evensong
St Paul

No comments: