Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 34 - Fujitsu

Today started early as I had to get to the Fujitsu European Laboratories. My journey started with a 10 min walk to the local line station to catch the train to Acton Central, this took about 15 min. From there I then had another 10 min walk to the bus stop to catch the No 607, once on the bus it was 12 stops and 45 mins and then another 10 min walk to the laboratories. I was in the middle of suburbia and then came across the Hayes Business Park which was like walking into  a large field in which there were a three buildings in the middle. 


It was a big change from the area that I had travelled. 

Entrance to Business Park
Building was to the right
After heading into the main building I then signed in and was meet by Dr David Snelling, Senior Research Fellow in the Research and Transformation & Innovation  Unit. After greeting me I was taken to a meeting room where I was also introduced to Makiko Hisatomi PhD who is Principal Researcher a member of Dr Snelling's team.

Initial we discussed my research and background and what I was doing. Following this Dr Snelling then gave me a presentation about the unit he runs and the work that they have been involved in. Much of the work was covered by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) so I had recorded part of our discussion for my notes.. At a future time will then write up the parts that are relevant to my research.

The presentations over the next few hours were very interesting and informative. There were parts which I believe as a Department we could take advantage of and parts which were quite edifying. I look forward to review my recordings at a later date.

Tomorrow I am catching up with a long time friend who one of London's largest ISP and development house to discuss some of his resent and new projects in mobility and application development.

Signing off 11:30pm

No comments: