Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 35 - London Web

This was a full day. I caught up with an old ColdFusion development friend who I meet back in 2001 in Washington DC and have stayed in contact ever since. I headed off down the street to the station to catch the train to the end of the line Stanmore and Jamie was going to meet me at 10am. The only problem was that when I got to the station there were delays due to someone closer to the city had been run over by a train. 


Finally the train arrived and what was a 20 min trip turned into a 45 min trip. Finally at the end Jamie was waiting to pick me up and take me to his office. We spent a few hours going over a number of products and services which Jamie provides via London Web. These were solutions to reduce computers and run upto 8 terminals off one computer. The demonstration and information for doing this was quite detailed and I believe there is quite a bit of potential. This was all around a product called Softxpand. I have some further research into this product.


The next product was a Mobile Device Management solution called Notifylink. Jamie and Londonweb has been doing quite a bit of work with this solutions and the NHS. This is a solution that is sorely needed by many organisation that are moving into the mobile space. I give the ability to manage multiple devices and how they are used.


The other solutions was around paper forms. This solution was very elegant and I seriously will be talking with a number of people in our department about what this solution can provide. It is called PaperIQ. This solution is based around a digital pen technology which captures the data in a form, is then connected by blue tooth to a mobile phone where it then transmits the data back to the server. Not only keeping a hand written copy as it was initially written but also an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) version into a database. This is definitely one to take further.


After a number of hours at the office we then headed off to a lodge meeting at grand lodge in the centre of London. This was a fantastic night and great fellowship.
Jamie and I at his lodge
Signing Off 15th 12:00 midnight

No comments: