Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 0, no more days left to count down, nor for the hours :)


0 Days, 21 hours, 5 minutes and 27 seconds
before I fly out of Perth

Well I am packed and ready. The has been a year in the planning and I believe I have some very good appointments around the world lined up. In some ways it has been disappointing with some of the companies I have tried to make appointments with, the in ability of them to respond to an email. The other disappointment is people that I had made contact with giving a years notice and staying in contact over the year then not being available. But that is just the way it goes. But as some have dropped out others have become available and some exceptional invitations.

There are to many to mention here but I will be talking with everyone that has supported me in obtaining my appointment and thanking them personally for their efforts.

So the Plan...

I leave home around 1:45am and my son will drop me off at the airport. As it is a school day and he does not need to be at Uni until later in the day he offered the lift. That way I can say good night to Frances and Daisy and Tom will take me in the morning.

I board in Perth and fly out 5:45am to Sydney. At the moment looking at an hour or so then I board the flight to LA. I have been able to quire a few frequent flyer points from Frances and Tom, (Thank you) so I have requested to get an upgrade to Business for the two long legs of the whole trip. They being the Sydney to LA and the London to Singapore. I find out 5 hrs before the flight if I have been upgraded, fingers crossed.

So from LA I then fly to San Francisco for an hour, pick up the hire car and head to Redwood City where I will be staying for the period 11th May - 19th May. Redwood City is just 5 mins from Stanford University where I will be visiting and talking with a number of people from the Human Computer Interactive Department. I have been invited to two event at the university workshop and a presentation over a Lunch. I will also visit the university for a tour before so I am aware of the locations that I will be attending.

While in SF I will be visiting Oracle, Fujitsu, SAP, Stanford, Google, Facebook and hopefully Apple. Any way this is the beginning and I will report on a daily basis where possible. The first report form SF will be delayed due to the fact that I will be flying for about 20 hours.

I will talk with you soon.

No comments: