Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 15 Arrived in New York, New York :)

Well what a day. Started at 6am and finished at 11:30pm non-stop. After dropping the car off at the Austin Airport I then flew to New York. I arrive at 2:30pm and needed to be in the city by 5pm for a photo tour I was going on. the bus dropped me at Penn Station about 4 blocks away from where I was living and then I walked with cases to 28th. 


I meet up with Isabelle  and was show around the apartment and where I would be sleeping. I dumped my bags and Isabelle then walked me to where I was to meet the tour. I was 20 mins late.  Any way Isabelle kindly offered to give me her guided tour which was fantastic. we were out until 11:30pm and got some great shots and sights of the city. The best part as Isabelle has lived her for a number of year she also gave me history, stories and information which on my own I would not have known. We ended up down near the Brooklyn Bridge and had dinner at a lovely cafe. By the time we were finished we both rolled out of the cafe and walked pass the bridge for a couple of photos and then to the train and home. Part of our walk was along an old rail line which is getting converted to a public space.


It was a great night and I then had a show and hit the sack. Must have been a really good night as I did not wake until after 9am.
New Building replacing the Twin Tower
New Building replacing the Twin Tower 
Brooklyn Bridge - 11pm 

No comments: