Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 1 - Perth Airport

Well the journey begins, I arrived nice and early as the flight was early and didn't want any of the family having to then go home to continue the day without any sleep. Tom drove me in and being that it is an international journey I thought we would start by going to Perth International. Got the photo out the front which included the name Perth International Airport. Then upon checking found that I needed to be at Terminal 2 which is the domestic airport.


This is why its a great idea to get their early, so we jumped into the car again and headed over to the domestic airport. Then had a coffee and muffin with Tom before sending him home while I waited for the desk to open. So now at 4:45am sitting in the Qantas Club Lounge waiting for my call. The best part was I found out the upgrade I requested was approved so the long leg from Sydney to LA will be business class. :) Happy!


I have tried for quite a number of years to get upgraded and finally I have made it. Finally received an email from Apple who have agreed to a meeting at the head office which is great. So for my first week I will be visiting Apple, Google, Oracle, SAP, Fujitsu and Stanford University. So a busy week ahead as well I will be doing some sight seeing. Catching up with a good friend who moved form Melbourne to work at CISCO. We are going to fly along the cost in a small Cessna, this will be fantastic and I will have camera in tow.


So for now no pictures but hopefully I can upload them once I am in SF. 


Signing off for now 5:10am Perth



No comments: