Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 9 - Seattle


Well day 8 of my trip. I got up early and headed off to the San Francisco Airport. Dropped the car off and tried to sort out issues with my hire. No a good result so far, but have emailed both the hire company and the website that I booked the car through. Have received the email saying they are both looking into it. We shall see. 


The flight was delayed by about 15 minutes. I got the seat at the back of the plane and window seat, need to check next time and just not accept what is given. The flight was quite smooth and landed in Seattle at about 11:30am. Went to the car rental area. I hire the car using the udrive.com.au website and this time National Car Hire was fantastic. The paperwork indicated that I had fully paid and had full insurance cover. 
Compact / Economy Style - (Quite zippy


The lady could not have been more helpful. She took my credit card details and indicated that only $1 would be taken. I check the account one I got to the place that I am staying and that is exactly what happen. 


Once I had unpacked my bags I then hit the road to go sight seeing. I got a hold of a Seattle City Pass. for $64 I save considerably and have access to a number of sights at discounted rates and saved about $125. 
Entrance to Science Fiction Museum
I headed to the science fiction museum, I was hoping to see the Star Trek Exhibit but I was about 11 months to late, :( big disappointment. The exhibits were Avitar and Horror. 


Exo-Skeleton Fighting Machine
Bust of Jake Sully from Movie
Bust of Neytiri Character
Guitar Stack
In the museum they also have the music museum which was not really my cut of tea. But there were a bunch of Guitars stacked up which looked pretty cool. 
Alien figure
Edward Scissor Hands, Hands.
Some spare parts
I also popped into the horror section but that was not much to see. A lot of video booth which did not appeal as I don't like the horror movie too much. Saw the scissors from Edward  Scissor Hand, some body parts and the Alien figure.


After that I then went up the Space Needle Observation Desk and after walked around the base.


On the way up I got a free photo on a green screen to better position myself in the photo with the Space Needle.
That mountain looks interesting, I think I will check that out tomorrow
Signing off 19th May - 6:34pm

No comments: