Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 6 - Stanford, SAP and a Baseball Game


Well what a day. First up I had to do some more testing with the new camera and the gardens where I am staying is quite stunning.
Backyard in Redwood City


I started a little later today arriving at Stanford again about 11am to do a little more sight seeing before heading to the Bill Gates building.
History Building on the right with the Hoover Tower in the background
At 12 noon, I meet with the HCI (Human Computer Interaction) group. This is their regular team catchup where they present details on what they are working on. This meeting was different as last week quite a number of them had attended a conference in Austin Texas. That was the CHI2012 conference. A number of the team members presented their views of presentations that they thought were of major interest to them and the others. This meeting I recorded and still need to review to pick out some of the details. I was interesting to hear about the science and psychology behind our interactions with technology. This is a topic I need to do some further research.


The meeting finished around 1:45pm at which time I headed back to Apple offices to get a better photo which included the Apple logo which was missing from my earlier photos. After a couple of snaps I then headed to SAP. 


At SAP I met with Sabine Kabel-Eckes. Sabine and I spoke for quite a while on a number of topics and I gained a better understanding of SAP's approach and their use of Design Thinking. SAP has been involved with the adoption of iPad as an enterprise. They have adopted the Design Thinking philosophy in their approach to how they work. It was interesting to see some of the examples as to how they approach some problems and find solutions. To look at them they looks so simple and natural but I gained a far great appreciation of how unless you were prepared to look at thing differently you would not find the solution. 


Again I recorded the session and still have to review the recording to pick out the details.


After leaving SAP I then head back to where I am staying to be picked up by my friend Jack to go and see the Giants play the St Louis Cardinals. This was one of the things I wanted to experience a Baseball game.
Giant's up and batting
Stealing 2nd Base

Villie Howard Mays, Jr this was out the front of the park

No comments: