Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 13 - Travelled to Austin, Texas.

Well what a change in weather.  I started the day at 3am my flight was not until 6:05am. From Redmond to the Airport I was told to allow 45 mins, with a couple of detours which were not planned but following my TomTom and missing turn off's does not help. The good thing the TomTom then recalculates and back on track. I then arrived at the airport rental returns, drop the car and caught the airport bus. 


Cool, then lined up to sort out my boarding pass I was great I got there nice an early as the queue  was not that long but it took another 30 mins or so headed to security and finally got to the Gate with about 55 mins to go so early start paid off. Boarding planes in the use they use this Group system. I have no idea how this system works but I was in group 4 the last on the plane, when I got to my seat I had to get two other people up as I had the windows seat. Crazy but that's the way it is.
From my window on the way to Dallas International
We then flew to Dallas International Airport which was big Four major terminals being one of the major hubs in the states. We arrive at about 11:20am and my next flight was not until 2pm. Found the Admiral Lounge to chill in and it was close to the gate where I was to catch the next flight. Left there and headed to the gate at about 1:30pm. 
As we were heading off to Austin
This was the type of plain I was flying in
Someone leaving before us
We boarded and then headed to Austin. Once in Austin collected my bags and headed to the car rental. This car hire was with National again and boy what a great experience. I had my voucher printed presented it to the person at the counter they needed my drivers licence and credit car of which they only take $1 to validate and I was off. I headed over to the pick-up point, collected the car and away I went. 


Meet up with Michelle at the apartment where I have my own room in an air condition place with all the comforts. So I am going to chill and head into town early evening to check out the city before hitting the sack. Has been a long day.  I meeting with Motion Computing tomorrow and hopefully with Craig Tomlin a usability consultant I found while researching people to talk with. Craig writes a blog on the topic of Usability and is one of 2000 certified usability consultants in the world. He was also listed as one the 10 Must Follow Usability experts on twitter.


Signing off for now - 23rd May - 6:03pm


UPDATE
I headed out just as the sun started to set to do some night shooting. See what you think.
Before it got to Dark
A fair bit later
Austin Capital Building

Austin Capital Building

Austin Capital Building

No comments: