Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 16 - Sights of New York

Boy that was fun and I have only done the day. I walked into Time Square to check out half-ticks. I wanted to see if they had tickets to "Nice Work If You Can Get It" which was staring Matthew Broderick and Kelli O'Hara.


On the way to time square I took some of the lights, not the best shots did not realise I had one my settings incorrect.





When I got to the half tick board they had it on the board at 40% for the 2pm show. I went to see if I could find the theatre, which was only around the corner. I then realised I had 40 mins before the show so I went back to get a ticket. So I got the ticket and it was $76 but the seat was the $198 seats, so I ended up with 60% of the normal sales price. I realise that as I had checked the site earlier as I thought I might have to buy a full ticket. The ticket was H104. when I got into the theatre I was sent to the 3rd section. Thinking I was going to be sent over to the very side. but the 3rd section was to the right of centre. I walked down looking at the letters and they were getting closer and closer to the front. I found H which was 10 rows from the front, so far so good. I could not read the numbering so an usher came to my rescue and pointed 4 seats into the center. Basically I was 10 rows from the front above stage floor level and a perfect seat in the centre.
Signed by most of the Main Performers
Autograph of Matthew Broderick


The show was fantastic. Full Orchestra with full chorus and all the piazzas of Broadway. the show in total was just over three hours and it was fantastic. Standing ovation the works. Anyway the exit doors opens and everyone left, which was the other side from where we came in. I was hoping to go via the shop but missed out. But as I am coming out it was the stage door and a couple of people were already lined up. So I thought I would join in and be one of the crowd. Well I was right on the front and ended up getting my program signed  by all the stars including Matthew Broderick.
Kelli O'Hara - Played Billie Bendix
Kelli O'Hara - Played Billie Bendix
Michael McGrath  - Played Cookie McGee one of the Gang
Matthew Broderick - Jimmy Winter
Matthew Broderick - Jimmy Winter

No comments: