Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 18 - Memorial Day

Today I took it a little slower due to the weekend. It has been a little frustrating with the drop of contacts and appointments. I still have my appointment with Charles Mauro on Wednesday at 10am. Mauro New Media has been in the space of combining formal usability science with high performance user interface design to solve business-critical problems and create world-class customer experiences.. for more than 35 years. They are Certified human factors engineering professionals BPCE. Founded in 1975 they have more years of professional experience in formal usability testing than any other US consulting firm. Their clients include world-class corporations and leading startups covering many industry sectors. They are deeply involved in professional user experience design they know how to design and execute studies that produce focused actionable findings on tactical and strategic levels. Clients tell them they are especially adept at working with product development teams, market research executives and strategic planning groups. They are comfortable reporting to and working with all levels of corporate management.


It was this experience that they have that drew me to them. I emailed their generic account and recieved an email from Charles Mauro who offered me an interview. While I am here I am also trying other avenues of investigation but drawing blanks. 


Today I again went out to see the sights and take more photos.  Here are a selection of day time, evening and night photos. Some of them are obvious locations the others just caught my eye.
View from where I am staying
Some new tricks I have learnt
Some new tricks I have learnt
View from where I am staying
Wedge Building
Street Art
Street Art
Fire Station
Court House New York

Interesting Building
Brookliyn Bridge, under repair
View from the Brooklyn Bridge



The Bull in the Financial District
Experiment with Black and White
Night shoot, Brooklyn Bridge
Manhattan Bridge
Brooklyn Bridge

No comments: