Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 7 - Google and a Drive Up Highway 1 into San Francisco

Well today I went to visit Google. Well is was great I was meet in the foyer and taken for a guided tour of Google. Everywhere you went there was food and drinks and coffee and as much as you want. They had Gyms, Lap Pools, someone pounding a large rubber tier with a sledge hammer. Must have been a difficult customer he had been dealing with. The place was so laid back, but then you look into the offices and everyone is beavering away at their work and working with each other. The campus stretches for quite a number of blocks. People riding around on Google Bikes painted in the Google colours.


We then headed to the Android area where they have the statues for each of the Android versions . That was cool.
Android Robot

Ginger Bread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Honey Comb, 
Éclair
After the tour I then went to one of the cafeterias where we meet up with a number of UX developers. Over our lunch we talked about a number of topics. The people I was talking to were from two areas of Google. Each talking about their experience and their involvement with the use of UX within Google. We spoke about my experience to date and the conversations that I had been having with a number of different people and companies. It was interested to discuss and speculate on some of my findings. 


It was highlighted that Google has now produced and published a graphic design standards. I am waiting to obtain a copy and have a read. 


After this I then popped home and then took a drive over the hill and up Highway 1 into San Francisco.
Forest in the Hills
Parked to take photos
Coast along Highway 1
New Tunnel for Coast Road
Highway 1


Sea Birds
Signing off - 10:00pm - May 17th

No comments: